What makes a Snapback truly a Throwback Snapback? Having a vintage logo helps, but how about one that looks & feels like it was worn by the old full service gasoline attendant you remember from the good ol' days? Not the clean cut guy from Texaco, but the one who worked under the cars too, and had tears and oil stains and smudges on his lid. Well if you don't remember the full service days, then that proves we're really talking throwback here!
Original Retro Brand mudwashed Snapback Trucker caps ARE these caps. Our mesh backs are the broken-in-anti-stiff style, so it's like slipping into your favorite pair of jeans, but on your head! I really like all of the caps in our current collection (and there is a whole new shipment about to arrive very soon...), but I can't help but lay out my personal favorite TOP TEN, and here they are....
10. I'm a carpetbagging Yankee living in Atlanta 21 years via Long Island. Can't forget my 4 Cup Isles! Plus the dang Flames & Thrashers skipped town on me..
9. Can't you just hear Tone Loc referring to Alex the Dog in "Funky Cold Medina?" The Stroh's advertising pooch was a hit before Spuds Mackenzie.
8. Happy to don this Dons.
7. Always loved the Capitals Red, White, & Blue patriotic logo with the stars & stick. A Caps Cap for a Man's Man, I always say..
6. "It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen" - UCLA Legend John Wooden. All ORB truckers have the vital little details.
5. Have to include any Hockey team that had a Hall of Fame goalie named Gump Worsley.
4. The bleacher bums at Wrigley stop drinking Old Style only long enough to sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” during the seventh-inning stretch, unless they’ve already spilled it on the ivy-covered outfield wall.
3. "You can observe alot by watching." Ok, this is the Scanton Wilkes Barre Yankees, but I can never pass up an opportunity for a "Yogiism." AND it's the only hat on our site that has 3 images!
2. Amazing to realize Hockey legends Gordie Howe & Bobby Hull played on the same Hartford Whaler team that made the playoffs in their first NHL season.
1. It's late Friday, and clearly the hat speaks for me: "LONG LIVE LONG NECKS!"
Like I said, I like all the truckers in our collection, but these are the 10 I'd like to hang my hat on (You can always count on me for cheesy references like that).
Before you go, please take a minute to follow us on Pinterest. We're totally into it, and would love to see your pins & boards. We'll be having a pretty awesome "Pin it to Win it" contest coming in the next few weeks, and you won't want to miss it!
ALSO, FOR UPDATES ON CONTESTS, FASHION, AND FUN FROM THE ORIGINAL RETRO BRAND, LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER TOO!