If you’ve been following Original Retro Brand’s “What’s Your College Knowledge?” contest (click here if you haven’t!), then your eagerly awaiting for the biggest Big 12 showdown of the season to date, which will take place tomorrow when the # 11 Kansas State Wildcats host the #2 Kansas Jayhawks. With # 10 Purdue holding on at the wire to knock off # 16 Wisconsin last night, and # 13 Gonzaga handling a tougher than expected Santa Clara Bronco squad, the number of contestants who have a shot at the FREE Original Retro Brand shirt for this week has been narrowed down to 15. If Kansas wins, 9 folks will go into a drawing to determine the winner, and 6 folks if K-State wins.
In anticipation of the big game (ESPN College Game Day staring @ 6pm est), I had no choice but to roll out the TOP TEN Original Retro Brand shirts for these in-state rivals. All you gotta do is click the highlighted links to check em’ out.
10. 1991 Final Four – This was Kansas coach Roy Williams first shot at a National title, but tournament Most Outstanding Player Christian Laetner from Duke, put the kibosh on that.
9. K-State Powercat – My high school mascot was a Wildcat (Go Walt Whitman!), so I have to get this shirt in the mix. It’s cool, but I find the older logo’s more graphically pleasing as you will see momentarily.
8. Kansas 1966-present logo – Rock Chalk Jayhawk Walk – I think it goes like that?
7. Kansas Block – The simplicity of any block lettered ORB shirt makes them worthy for any TOP 10 t-shirt list. Bonus logo on the sleeve is nice too!
6. K-STATE – A shirt you can’t miss – Loud & Proud.
4. Kansas Stripe – Any time I see this stripe pattern, it reminds me of the old mesh caps from the 1970′s. Looks better on a shirt.
3. Kansas 1912 logo – This dude is just hangin’ out. Cool customer.
2. Kansas 1929 logo - This dude looks like he’s walking over to kick some butt…..Kansas State Wildcat butt.
1. Willie Wildcat w/pennant - As I said earlier, I find older logo’s more graphically pleasing. Is that Tom from Tom & Jerry? # 1 shirt on the list doesn’t mean I’m picking them to win tomorrow. It just means this is the coolest vintage Original Retro Brand shirt in the lot.