With the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs in full swing, what better excuse for a TOP TEN list? None better. Here are my Original Retro Brand NHL favorites...
10. Montreal Canadiens: The "C" stands for CLASSIC. Period.
9. Vancouver Canucks: The simplicity of this logo is what makes it so awesome; Hockey stick in a hockey rink. Do you think the hockey stick is laid out so the rink forms a "C" for Canucks?
8. Quebec Nordiques: They have a few good logos (igloo w/stick..I think it's an igloo?), but the powder blue with the fleur de lis, is magnifique!
7. Philadelphia Flyers: Big thumbs up on creativity here because unless you study closely, you don't realize there are several integral elements that come together to make this logo work; a) Orange hockey puck in middle of the P, b) Hockey stick that forms P with... c) ....flying wings on it, and d) Halloween colors of black and orange because these guys are SCARY GOOD (right now anyway!).
6. Buffalo Sabres: Maybe it's my love of the Three Musketeers and Hot
Wings, but there's just something about crossed swords and stampeding Buffalo that go together perfectly. En garde, touche! ...on a French kick.
5. Pittsburgh Penguins: Be it Tennessee Tuxedo, Burgess Meredith, or Chilly Willy, I'm a sucker for Penguins. Put em' on skates? Fuggedaboutit ...on an Italian kick.
4. Boston Bruins: Love the old brawny brown bear logo, but have to go with the bad-ass "B" for Beantown & Bobby (that guy who wore # 4).
3. Chicago Blackhawks: I always wanted the Indians to beat the Cowboys when playing Cowboys and Indians. I just remember thinking the Indians outfits were WAY cooler, and still do. The Chief head in the circle is like the NHL's post mark of approval.
2. Toronto Maple Leafs: I had several sets of old Venus Paradise NHL Paint by numbers kits (1960's), and was drawn to the images for the Maple Leafs more than any other. I just love the leaf.
1. Hartford Whalers: I guess logo's are like tastebuds - You either like the taste of herring or you don't. I really don't know why, but I just think the Whalers logo is the coolest hockey logo ever. And that's that.
Agree with the above? Disagree?
[poll id = "25"]
GORDIE W/PUCKY ON THE SHOULDER..AND HOWE!
FOR MORE GREAT DEALS, CONTESTS, AND FUN FROM THE ORIGINAL RETRO BRAND, BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER.
LEAVE A COMMENT