What I love most about the Original Retro Brand has taken hold of me again; That would be new shirts! That means new brands, which means new graphics & logos, which means the best of memories brought back to light. It's that clear, and as the 7up ad from the early 1990's said, "It's cool to be clear..7 up!"When I see thisclassic 7up t-shirt, I immediately remember the "Uncola" ads of the seventies when I was a teenager - it actually makes me feel young & refreshed! And that dudes voice & laugh....
The latest culprits to make me feel so darn good are the new line of vintage soda t's. I see the Diet Pepsi shirt, I instantly see Ray Charles in the classic "Uh-huh- You got the right one baby!" ads. Right on, Ray. The old A&W root beer logo immediately takes me back to when I was about 10, and had my very first root beer float at a restaurant called Georgy Porgy's. I can still taste that bad boy, and you'll want a taste of our TOP 10 MOST AWESOME NEW VINTAGE SODA POP ORIGINAL RETRO BRAND T-SHIRTS.
10. It was definitely "Pepsi Cool" when Michael Jackson sang a Pepsi song to the titletrack tune of his 30 million album seller "Bad", for a late 80's commercial.
9. Just "Dew It"!
8. A&W was the featured drink (of course) at the A&W restaurants which opened up in 1924 - Americas very first restaurant franchise chain!
7. 10 - 2 - 4 means "Dr. Pepper time!" Dublin, Texas (town which is home to the oldest Dr. Pepper bottling plant) hosts a yearly 10-2-4k charity run in honor of the old slogan
6. ""The Choice of a New Generation" and our choice for # 6!
Hit it Ray....
5. Looking for some extracurricular activity? "Join the Pepsi people - Feeling Free!"
4. Yeah, you wanna be one too...
3. Drinking something out of a bottle or can without touching it to one's lips; this is accomplished by holding the drink a few inches above one's head, leaning back, and pouring the drink into one's mouth.
2. "Take the Pepsi Challenge" (1983) ; which slogan do you like best? a) "More Bounce to the Ounce" (1950) b) "Have a Pepsi Day" (1975) c) "Be Young, Have Fun, Drink Pepsi" (1992). Answer: They're all "the right one, baby, uh-huh!" (1990)
1. I have a # 1 crush on this "soda jerk" logo, circa 1930's.