Wonder which of the “Retro Brand 6″ is considering such a drastic measure to drop those pesky pounds? Could it be Cassidy, the Krispy Kreme connoisseur? Maybe it’s Jon Hofer the heffer (Left)? Perhaps Gracie stacking the resident snack machine with Twinkies to tempt and foil the frontrunner Marc, had her scheme backfire? I suppose any one of us would do anything at this point to win the coveted title of Retro Brand “Fight For Fit” Champion.
I’ll make sure to point out who the culprit is in a minute, but first I’ll share the rules of the “Fight For Fit” Challenge contest because YOU could win a FREE Retro Brand shirt of your choice by entering:
a) Here’s how you WIN Retro Brand gear: There are 6 Retro Brand participants that will weigh-in every 2 weeks leading up to the final on March 30th (this morning was weigh-In #4) You pick the participant you think will lose the highest % of body fat from the prior 2 week Weigh-In and leave that name in the comment section at the end of the post below – i.e, who do you think will lose the most by next weigh-in on 3/20/14? If the person you pick loses the highest %, you win a FREE Retro Brand shirt of your choice (in the event of a tie, a random drawing will determine the winner).
b) The employee who loses the highest percentage of body weight in roughly 3 months will be crowned “Fight For Fit Champion.” We are now 8 weeks in with 3 more to go.
c) The final weigh-in will take place on March 30th in anticipation of the 2014 NCAA College Basketball Championships. The employees who did not win will chip in and take the Champ out for a free dinner at a fine dining establishment of their choice. Think Bob’s Big Boy.
Ok, here are the latest results from worst to first revealed below along with exposing the Ex-Laxer slacker. I’ll also reveal the winner of the FREE Retro Brand shirt for this weigh-in near the end as well. Here we go…
6. Gracie – Production Manager: Gracie, Gracie, Gracie…. Lost a sixer out of the gate the very first weigh-in, but not another pound since. What have you got to say for yourself? “I had 2 rows of twinkies put in the vending machine for Marc so I can catch up.“ Your trick would have worked if you lost just 1 lb.! 8 week stats: Down 6 lbs (3.03% body weight).
5. Marc – CEO: Our fearless leader and overall weight-loss leader is the Ex-Laxer slacker! For the first time during the competition the “Hermanator,” has not lost any weight and was probably sabotaged by some of those Twinkies. But he didn’t gain any weight either and remains defiant and confident as he states, “I stayed at -14, didn’t lose any more. So I lost zero in this 2 week period, but at least I didn’t gain any. Gracie stacked the snack machine full of Twinkies – Not fair at all. I will still lose more than 20 by the end. Drastic measures to be used soon. Ex Lax a possibility.” 8 week stats: Down 14 lbs (7.73 % body weight).
4. Andy – Social Media Manager: Was cruising along until he injured himself on the tennis court which led to self-pity which led to self-face-stuffing which led to just losing 1 lousy pound. Like Marc, it could have been worse and at least he didn’t gain any. “I pulled a hammy, so I got a foot long double meat hammy sammy, and yesterday Waffle House Wednesday turned into most of Wednesday.” 8 week stats: Down 6 lbs (2.58% body weight).
3. Cassidy – VP, Marketing & Licensing: Since her Weigh-In #2 breakout performance a month ago (-8 lbs), Cass has been sidetracked by a common fight for fit foil in the form of a Krispy Kreme Doughnut factory. Regardless, she was able to drop 1 pound. From foil to focus as she states; “Time to get serious down the home stretch.” 8 week stats: Down 10 lbs (6.57% body weight).
2. Mike – Midwest Sales Rep: They don’t call him “Mr. Consistancy,” for nothing. Check out the weigh-ins; -2, -3, -2, and -3 this weigh-in. See a pattern do ya? I think his strategy is to downplay his success by deflecting it; “I make a great spaghetti and meatballs all from scratch. But the problem is then I eat it all.” Watch out Marc, the slow and steady machine is catching up. 8 week stats: Down 10 lbs (4.87% body weight).
1. Jon – National Sales Director: “Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!” – Gomer Pyle. That’s exactly what I thought when I found out Jon Hofer shocked the world and elsewhere by dropping a nuclear 9 lbs! Did I call Hofer a Heffer? Shame on me… How the heck did he do it? We tried to get some details from the “Hofinator,” but all we could get was a quick to fade “Going for a jog to the furthest BBQ joint I can find in Dallas…..” 8 week stats: Down 3 lbs (1.29% body weight). Whatever works…
So who wins the Retro Brand shirt this time? Would you believe Shane Hofer? Yes, he’s the son of of Jon and the only person to vote for him this weigh-in! There’s nothing in our rules that exclude family members from participating and you gotta love a son believing in his pops when nobody else did, right? Right. Way to go, kid.
Now it’s time to get your vote in the comment section and check back on 3/20 to see who drops the highest % of weight in the next 2 weeks and maybe you’ll be the next winner of a FREE Retro Brand shirt. Good Luck!